Open Raman Software Issue: Camera Not Detected

Everything that concerns the open-source Raman spectrometer
BowenZheng

Open Raman Software Issue: Camera Not Detected

Post by BowenZheng »

Hi there, I'm running into an issue with the software provided, and I realize that it's because my camera (Allied Vision Prosilica GC) isn't a point grey monochrome camera. I can't afford another camera at the moment, so I was wondering if I should add the .dll file of the camera I'm using to make the software work, or is there an easier way that I'm overlooking?

Thank you for your time.
Luc
Site Admin

Re: Open Raman Software Issue: Camera Not Detected

Post by Luc »

Hello,

It's possible to add support for other camera brands but you need to make a program to "bridge" the functions from the SpectrumAnalyzer software to the camera own functions. I did it for Daheng cameras and it's a couple of days of work when you know what you're doing. It however requires programming skills.

I can't offer my service for that at the moment unfortunately because I'm recovering from a head injury :-/

You can check, in the source code, the ptgrey project to see how to do the modifications to add support for your specific camera.
BowenZheng

Re: Open Raman Software Issue: Camera Not Detected

Post by BowenZheng »

Hi Luc, thank you for your fast and informative reply. I will work on the bridging it, and I hope you feel better.