RamanBuilds new ideas

Everything that concerns the open-source Raman spectrometer
andy

RamanBuilds new ideas

Post by andy »

I changed my store a bit and am not going to offer kits or testing any more. People were only asking about the pre-made builds anyway and selling the kits didn't make economic sense after considering shipping and transaction fees.

I am thinking about designing a new baseplate that's compatible with the basic ASEQ spectrometer. This would be cheaper, and bypass the software issues as people could use ASEQ's software or Spectragryph, which is compatible. It would also allow me to build spectrometers of different wavelengths, as Stans can customize the spectromer's effective range. Another upside is people can re-use the spectrometer for other purposes (though with the limited sensing range maybe not). The downside is that the design is not as open, but when you think about it it is not like the flir camera is open either. I guess just depends on how you look at it.

I really struggled to collimate light into fiber so I am thinking instead of just aligning the Spectrometer's slit to the same spot that the OpenRaman slit is. This avoids that extra complexity and any possible losses from the fiber.
I sell OpenRaman kits and pre-builds at https://ramanbuilds.andychase.me
alexose

Re: RamanBuilds new ideas

Post by alexose »

These sound like good ideas! Keep us posted.