invalid node error during connect to camera in Spectrum Analyser

Everything that concerns the open-source Raman spectrometer
Luc
Site Admin

Re: invalid node error during connect to camera in Spectrum Analyser

Post by Luc »

Glad to read that it's now working. What did you change in order to be able to access the camera ?

To address problems in order:

- As you may have already noticed, the people from FLIR are quite funny and they like to regularly change the name of the settings of the camera. Here the node "height" of the BFLY camera was renamed to something else in the BFS version. To check the new name, you can run SpinView and go to Device > ImageFormatControl and check what is the name of the node that controls the height of the ROI settings (not the Height of the sensor). Double click on the node to get the actual name to access (not the label). You can then patch the source code with that corrected name. Share it on the forum as well for other users in case they run into the same issue. Ideally, I should have some sort of translation table depending on the camera connected but I'm already pretty busy with more important stuff atm.

- You can reset the settings by going into the Windows Registries (regedit.exe) and delete the entries in CurrentUser\Software\OpenRAMAN\SpectrumAnalyzer

- The "Waiting for data" message typically happens when the camera completely saturates and you acquired an image. Normally it was supposed to show when all values where 0s but it also occurs when all the values are "100%". If you see the message after acquiring a spectrum, try reducing the gain of the camera (and the integration time if needed). You should also always operate in a relatively dark room -- at least not in bright daylight or close to a bright window.
automatic_jack

Post by automatic_jack »

Ok, this all makes sense regarding the overload.

Also, addressing the camera was restored by actually power-cycling the device; it had apparently crashed, but I don't have a root cause for that event.

Also, as the save-calibration-to-a-file is a temporary thing, do you have any objection to me modifying the tool to allow calibration to be loaded by clicking the Calibrate icon, or would this break your design in the long term, when the Blackfly S can have calibration stored to it?

I ask because making a local branch which does this is trivial, and would not pollute the stable version I have locally. This function would be important at the start of SpectrumAnalyzer.

I think I will start a new thread, or continue in another as now the "Invalid Node" issue has passed for me.
Luc
Site Admin

Post by Luc »

I'll answer in the newer post as it's a more appropriate location :)