invalid node error during connect to camera in Spectrum Analyser

Everything that concerns the open-source Raman spectrometer
soleg

Re: invalid node error during connect to camera in Spectrum Analyser

Post by soleg »

Hi Luc,

Thanks a LOT ! its working now, only complains about dead nodes and ROI above recommended settings ( see attached files with list of evemon silent nodes). Is there a workaround to save calibration parameters?
Attachments
live.png
live.png (17.84 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
roi.png
roi.png (52.95 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
nodes1.png
nodes1.png (53.05 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
Luc
Site Admin

Post by Luc »

Not at the moment unfortunately. They also changed the way to access camera data and that's why you are getting the error with the UserDefinedValues thing.

I found an example in the SDK on how to write data to BFS cameras and I evaluate it's about ~1 day job. Problem is I have plenty of things that are currently more urgent and my brain has some difficulty with coding since my burnout.

If you can find a good programmer who is willing to contribute to the project (and who has access to the camera) I'll be happy to share pointers on how to update the code.

It's also worth to correct the other silent errors like pixel endianness but that you can also force in the spinview software directly.
automatic_jack

Post by automatic_jack »

@Luc, have you found either the time or assistance to create another update?

If not, I might be available to help. I have one of the FLIR Blackfly S cameras, and even with the patched pointgrey.dll I am not able to attach to the device.
Attachments
error_log.err.gz
(73.46 KiB) Downloaded 836 times
andy

Post by andy »

Jack which folder did you put the patch into? It needs to go bin64 not bin. You'll still get a user defined values error but you can click through it and it will still work
I sell OpenRaman kits and pre-builds at https://ramanbuilds.andychase.me
automatic_jack

Post by automatic_jack »

When I trace the code execution, it's loading the patched dll, so its location is not the issue.
andy

Post by andy »

Okay.. sounds good. Yeah I was getting errors too when I tried it but then I realized I was putting in the bin and not bin64 folder.

Can you post what version of Spinnaker SDK you are running, what exact camera model you have, whether you are using the ethernet or usb-3, and your version of windows and architecture?
Luc
Site Admin

Post by Luc »

automatic_jack wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:50 pm @Luc, have you found either the time or assistance to create another update?

If not, I might be available to help. I have one of the FLIR Blackfly S cameras, and even with the patched pointgrey.dll I am not able to attach to the device.
I'll check tomorrow afternoon. I already put a remainder on my phone to borrow a BFS camera for the test (I don't own one myself).
automatic_jack

Post by automatic_jack »

andy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:59 pm Can you post what version of Spinnaker SDK you are running, what exact camera model you have, whether you are using the ethernet or usb-3, and your version of windows and architecture?
Spinnaker 2.0.0.147 (x64)
FLIR Blackfly S BFS-U3-31S4M (S/N 22614269)

This is a USB3 camera, and it seems like the patched dll is to fix issues with the GigE version.

The host system is Microsoft Windows 11 Pro build 10.0.22621 on an x64-based PC. The HAL version is 10.0.22621.1413.
andy

Post by andy »

Okay weird, yeah I have the exact same setup and it worked for me. I used the usb-3 as well. I will say I copied every file in from that zip into bin64, replacing the dll when I did so. Not sure if it matters.
andy

Post by andy »

One more thing I thought of, when you install Spinnaker, I selected "developer". There was an option, selected by default, just installs spin view. Another thing is I used the usb-3 cord from flir, but unlikely that matters.