Camera Not Detected

Everything that concerns the open-source Raman spectrometer
BowenZheng

Camera Not Detected

Post by BowenZheng »

Hi there,

I bought a BFLY-PGE-31S4M/C-C 1/1.8" Blackfly® PoE GigE Monochrome Camera https://www.edmundoptics.com/p/bfly-pge ... mera/3875/, but I'm having trouble connecting the camera to the Spectrum Analyzer software even though it connects to Spinnaker IDK. I was going through the manual to resolve it, but I can't figure out why the camera is still not detected.

Best,
Bowen
Luc
Site Admin

Re: Camera Not Detected

Post by Luc »

Hi,

Can you double check the followings ?
  • is the spinview software closed when you try to connect to the camera using SpectrumAnalyzer?
  • is the ip address of the camera in the valid range ?
If it keeps blocking we can organize a TeamViewer session.
BowenZheng

Post by BowenZheng »

Hi Luc,

How do I determine if the IP address of the camera is in the valid range? I can identify the IP address, but could you clarify what the valid range is supposed to be?

Thank you,
Bowen
Luc
Site Admin

Post by Luc »

Can you open spinview and take a screenshot of the camera list ? without doing anything else
BowenZheng

Post by BowenZheng »

Hi Luc,

Sorry for the late reply, but the OpenRaman software is now successfully running when I close the spinnaker software. However, when I go back to try to use the spinnaker software, it's saying that another application is running it. Is there a way to bypass this and use both applications simultaneously? Image.

Thank you,
Bowen
Luc
Site Admin

Post by Luc »

Hi,

That's normal -- you cannot connect twice to the camera

It's a common problem people meet but there is nothing to do, it's just that the camera is not made to support multiple connections.